for 4 servings
2 cups cream cheese (450 g), softened
2 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese (250 g), divided
½ cup grated parmesan cheese (55 g)
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 teaspoons dried oregano
½ cup tomato sauce (130 g)
12 slices pepperoni
1 package store bought pizza dough
½ stick unsalted butter
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon garlic powder
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese (25 g)
1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Make the dip: In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, ½ cup (55 g) mozzarella, Parmesan, and lemon juice. Mix with an electric hand mixer until smooth. Stir in the salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and oregano.
- Transfer the cream cheese mixture to a 9-inch (22 cm) pie dish and spread evenly. Top with the tomato sauce, then the remaining 2 cups (100 G) of mozzarella cheese. Finish with the pepperoni.
- Bake the dip for 18–20 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- While the dip bakes, make the garlic knots: Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Unroll the pizza dough on a flat surface. Cut in half lengthwise, then crosswise 12 times so you have 24 small strips. Cover with a damp kitchen towel to keep from rising.
- In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter, salt, garlic powder, minced garlic, Parmesan, and parsley.
- Tie each dough strip into a knot, then place on the prepared baking sheets. Brush generously with the garlic butter.
- Bake the garlic knots for 10–12 minutes, until puffed and golden.
- Serve the garlic knots warm with the pepperoni dip.
original source: Tasty