Janmashtami is the birth anniversary of Lord Krishna. This festival is celebrated on the Ashtami (eighth day) of the month of Bhadrapada. Lord Krishna is an incarnation of Lord Vishnu.
This year Janmashtami is being celebrated on both 11 and 12 August. On this day people spend the day in devotion to Krishna and observe a fast for the entire day, till midnight.
In India, this festival is celebrated with great pomp, especially in Mathura and Vrindavan.
This time due to the Coronavirus, various programs will not be held in the place. Usually, On this occasion, everyone congratulates each other on the birth anniversary of Lord Krishna and decorate their houses and dance to celebrate the birth of little Krishna.
- Govinda Aala Re Aala A classic composition by Kalyan Ji Anand Ji, Janmashtami celebrations are incomplete without this song. The song is from Bluffmaster (1963), in the voice of Mohammad Rafi. Shammi Kapoor’s dance puts this song at the top of our list.
2. Yashomati Maiya Se Bole Nandlala A classic song from Satyam Shivam Sundaram (1978) in the voice of legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar. This song is about little Krishna complaining to his mother about his dark complexion and mother Yashoda consoling
3. Mach Gaya Shor Sari Nagri Re Another classic choreographed on Amitabh Bachchan and Zeenat Aman, and the song captures the notorious image of Krishna.
4. Radha Kaise Na Jale This banter between Krishna and his lover Radha is an exceptionally entertaining melody by AR Rahman, sung by Asha Bhosale and Udit Narayan.
5. Go Go Govinda A dance number from the iconic dancer Prabhu Deva and Sonakshi Sinha will make you groove for sure.
Celebrate the festival and enjoy it with your family. Stay indoors; stay safe.